Thursday 22 October 2009

Opinion

What a relief to realise that I no longer have to have an opinion on everything. I used to think that what was important was my opinion and my ability to convince my friends of how brilliant my opinions were. I used to think that what defined me was my opinions and ideas.

It is such a joy to be able to sit and be with anyone and not to have to worry about formulating a clever response to what they are saying based on all my limited ideas. When I am now longer relating through the filter of all my opinions I am actually able to really listen to people and what they are saying. There is immediately a sensitivity and warmth that I rarely noticed when I was completly wrapped up in all my concepts.

Now, when I do respond, it is no longer from a place of having to defend myself and all my clever little ideas but instead the response is spontaneous and easy and naturally sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment